PEN – Peruvian Sol
PEN is considered to be a restricted currency, which implies an inherent limitation to the tradability of this currency. Fund transfers in this currency are not allowed outside of Peru.
Besides this limitation, this currency is considered to be complex (multiple information to be provided and complex processing).
- Currency Guidelines
Besides the standard information, the beneficiary’s physical full address is mandatory.
A clear reason / purpose of payment is recommended and consists of a full written description (in English) of the nature of payment to be provided in the remittance information. For example: providing an invoice number without guiding text is considered as insufficient and can result in errors or delays.
Example: Payment of travel expenses – invoice n° 123456789
Additionally, the beneficiary’s tax ID is mandatory in the remittance information:
• When the beneficiary is an individual with a Peruvian DNI TAX ID (Documento Nacional De Indentidad – 8 digits), the details should be provided for example as follows: DNI 12345678
• When the beneficiary is a company with a Peruvian RUC TAX ID (Registro Unico de Contribuyente – 11 digits), the details should be provided for example as follows: RUC 12345678901
• When the beneficiary is a non Peruvian tax resident or company (without DNI or RUC), the beneficiary’s Tax ID from the country where they are registered for tax should be provided for example as follows: TAX ID 123456789012345.
Moreover, it is recommended to add the beneficiary’s telephone number.
- Instructions, technical guidelines & more
To consult the Technical Guidelines of this currency, click hereTECHNICAL GUIDELINES
- Additional information
• Available charge options: OUR/SHA/BEN
• Central bank of Peru: http://www.bcrp.gob.pe/home.html