MAD – Moroccan Dirham
MAD is considered to be a restricted currency, which implies an inherent limitation to the tradability of this currency. Fund transfers in this currency are not allowed outside of Morocco.
Besides this limitation, MAD payment processing is considered to be relatively standardised.
- Currency Guidelines
Besides the standard information, the beneficiary’s physical full address is recommended.
A clear reason / purpose of payment is mandatory and consists of a full written description (in English) of the nature of payment to be provided in the remittance information. In particular the following elements must be considered:
• the reason of payment must be clear and give a total visibility on the operation (e.g. <wood import billing>)
• it can be completed by technical references related to bills, contracts, ...
• it should avoid global information such as < settlement invoices >, < prepayment >
Example: Payment of travel expenses – invoice n° 123456789
Ignoring these rules might lead to payment or cover rejection
It is recommended as well to provide the beneficiary’s telephone number in the remittance information.
- Instructions, technical guidelines & more
To consult the Technical Guidelines of this currency, click hereTECHNICAL GUIDELINES
- Additional information
• Available charge options: OUR/SHA/BEN
• Central bank of Morocco: http://www.bkam.ma/