KES – Kenyan Shilling
The payment processing of this currency is considered to be relatively standardised.
- Currency Guidelines
Besides the standard information, a clear reason / purpose of payment is mandatory and consists of a full written description (in English) of the nature of payment to be provided in the remittance information. For example: providing an invoice number without guiding text is considered as insufficient and can result in errors or delays.
Example: Payment of travel expenses – invoice n° 123456789
Additionally, it is mandatory to provide in the remittance information:
• The beneficiary’s bank full name
• The beneficiary’s bank full address (exact branch location)
• The beneficiary’s bank KBA routing code
- Instructions, technical guidelines & more
To consult the Technical Guidelines of this currency, click hereTECHNICAL GUIDELINES
- Additional information
• Available charge options: OUR/SHA/BEN
• Central bank of Kenya: https://www.centralbank.go.ke/