JMD – Jamaican Dollar
Fund transfers in this currency are not allowed outside of Jamaica.
Besides this limitation, this currency is considered to be complex (complex processing).
- Currency Guidelines
Besides the standard information, a clear reason / purpose of payment is recommended and consists of a full written description (in English) of the nature of payment to be provided in the remittance information. For example: providing an invoice number without guiding text is considered as insufficient and can result in errors or delays.
Example: Payment of travel expenses – invoice n° 123456789
Additionally, it is mandatory to provide in the remittance information:
• The beneficiary’s account type : can be either TYPE SA (savings) or TYPE CA (checking account)
• The bank and branch code of the beneficiary’s bank
- Instructions, technical guidelines & more
To consult the Technical Guidelines of this currency, click hereTECHNICAL GUIDELINES
- Additional information
- • Available charge options: OUR/SHA/BEN
• Central bank of Jamaica: http://www.boj.org.jm/