IDR – Indonesian Rupiah
IDR is considered to be a restricted currency, which implies an inherent limitation to the tradability of this currency. Fund transfers in this currency are not allowed outside of Indonesia.
Besides this limitation, this currency is considered to be complex (multiple information to be provided and complex processing).
- Currency Guidelines
Besides the standard information, the beneficiary’s physical full address is recommended.
A clear reason / purpose of payment is mandatory and consists of a full written description (in English) of the nature of payment to be provided in the remittance information. For example: providing an invoice number without guiding text is considered as insufficient and can result in errors or delays.
Example: Payment of travel expenses – invoice n° 123456789
A purpose of payment code (see Appendix IV) is required when payments are above IDR 100 million and one party involved in the transaction is a non-resident.
Moreover, it is recommended to provide the beneficiary’s telephone number in the remittance information.
This currency does not have any decimal places.
Eventually it is highly recommended that all IDR wire payments have the following information under Beneficiary Address with format “SKN/2*2**” where:
* BenefTypeCode value = 1/ 2/ 3 (1: Individual, 2: Corporate, 3: Government)
** BenefStatusCode value = 1/ 2 (1: Resident, 2: Non-Resident)
Examples in case of SWIFT MT103:
• Using tag 77B - must be on line 1: 77B:/BENEFRES/ID/SKN/2*2**
• Using tag 70 (payment details-free format): 70:/BENEFRES/ID/SKN/2*2**
• Using tag 72 (bank-to-bank information): 72:/ACC/BENEFRES/ID/SKN/2*2**
Note that incomplete instructions may result in delay and late execution.
- Instructions, technical guidelines & more
To consult the Technical Guidelines of this currency, click hereTECHNICAL GUIDELINES
To consult the Appendix(es) click hereAppendix IV: Purpose of Payment Codes (IDR)
- Additional information
• Available charge options: OUR/SHA/BEN
• Central bank of Indonesia: http://www.bi.go.id/en/Default.aspx