DOP – Dominican Peso
This currency is considered to be complex (multiple information to be provided and complex processing).
- Currency Guidelines
A clear reason / purpose of payment is mandatory and consists of a full written description (in English) of the nature of payment to be provided in the remittance information. For example: providing an invoice number without guiding text is considered as insufficient and can result in errors or delays.
Example: Payment of travel expenses – invoice n° 123456789
Payments in DOP toward the Dominican Republic
Besides the standard information, it is mandatory to provide in the remittance information:
• The beneficiary’s tax ID (RNC - Registro Nacional de Contribuyentes)
• The beneficiary’s account type (current or saving)
• The beneficiary’s telephone number
Payments in DOP outside the Dominican Republic
The IBAN format is mandatory (see Appendix VI).
- Instructions, technical guidelines & more
To consult the Technical Guidelines of this currency, click hereTECHNICAL GUIDELINES
To consult the Appendix(es) click hereAppendix VI: IBAN Application Rules
- Additional information
• Available charge option: OUR/SHA/BEN
• Central bank of the Dominican Republic: http://www.bancentral.gov.do:8080/english/index-e.asp